43Yet more esoteric clips

  • yczavala
    Jul 1, 2001
      I have posted 2 images in the clip gallery which
      show the obverse and reverse of a partially dated
      Washington Quarter obverse clad layer with an enormous
      elliptical clip. <br><br>I believe that the original
      planchet had such an extreme elliptical clip that the
      obverse clad layer split off AFTER being struck. If the
      clad layer alone had managed to make it into the
      striking chamber, I believe we would be looking at
      something completely different. Boy, what I would do to
      have the rest of the planchet!! An 80% elliptical clip
      with missing clad layer. We can dream can't we? Any
      comments are welcome.
    • Show all 1195 messages in this topic