3385Re: A Filled Die

    Sep 2, 2003
      I guess I would also restrict the term "variety" to screw-ups that
      involve the design. Otherwise a die manufacturing mistake such as
      concentric lathe marks would also have to be termed a "variety".
      Concentric lathe marks are present at installation, since the mis-
      step that creates them occurs long before hubbing.

      It's no big deal either way, as long as the nature of the
      error/variety is made clear.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Jon Sullivan
      <errcoins@b...> wrote:
      > Well, I thought you might have a more restricted definition since I
      do
      > know other individuals who only consider certain types of die
      > variations to be varieties. I consider a repetitive abnormality on
      > die to be a variety. I think cuds are varieties because they do
      repeat
      > themselves. I would say that die gouges and clashed dies are
      varieties
      > as well. I understand your point of view, though.
      >
      > Jon Sullivan
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic