28298PCGS label not quite right??

  • sherwood_park_pennies
    Jun 1, 2014

      I picked this coin up recently at the Bell auction, at Coin Expo in Toronto. I think the PCGS label does not best describe this error - I picked it up for a song (CAN $60)

      One Cent Mint Error

      I would describe this coin as "struck through cap, brockage" or "struck through reverse cap, mirror brockage"

      Even in the auction photos, you can see this is a late stage brockage, with the enlarged elements of the Queen in mirror image. Lastly, the coin is not CU - all Canadian coins prior to 1997 are bronze. Your thoughts?? Do I have a case to have this coin re-holdered by PCGS??

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic