28076Re: Improper Alloy Mix Error

  • dermestid
    Apr 4, 2014
      I don't think most collectors will care much about the nuances underlying flaking metal.

      In a message dated 4/3/2014 8:41:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time, johnmenc@... writes:

      BTW - in the future we should continue the wartime nickels ... but here as I indicated it maybe too technical for the average Coin World reader ... its not an XRF assay but microstructure micrographs showing surface imperfections ... google microstructure and you will see these high magnification shots of alloy surfaces ... too much? ... but it will be KOOL to see the surface distortions on these wartime JEFFs ... we shall see ... my current company Kearfott can do it ... but as I said ... maybe its just well enough only you and I care or know ... a lamination is a lamination to 99.9% of collectors today? ... maybe not?

      JPL

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic