25392Re: 1972-D Kennedy Cud.

    Jul 1 6:05 AM
      Your coin does indeed have a rolling fold (blanking burr). Could you provide close-ups of the copper-colored region on the reverse face as well as the opposing area on the obverse face? While I'd like to think this is a missing clad error, the zone around ES OF has the design partly erased and the featureless area is not copper-colored.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bigdcoins" <bigdcoins@...> wrote:

      > Yeah the Major die breaks (cuds) are obvious, but rims cuds are often confussed with rolling fold errors. Just uploaded 4 photos in the end of the default album that are also of a 72 D Kennedy half with what appears to be a cud at 7:00 reverse, but is a rolling fold error.

      > > It's a rim cud, rather than a cud proper. Part of the rim gutter of the obverse die chipped off.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "llydston" <lee.lydston@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've uploaded 4 photo's to the default album of a coin recently pulled from some bank rolls.
      > > >
      > > > Is this more than just a simple CUD?
      > > >
      > > > Lee

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic