      From: fred_weinberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Anyone see the 1959-D Wheat that sold?
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 10:44 AM

      The coin has almost 'perfect' smooth surfaces, no
      metal flow, and it doesn't look right at all. It's
      almost too perfect to the casual observer.

      The Treasury/Secret service letter that said that
      nothing could be found to say it was fake, was written
      by a Secret Service agent in the currency division.

      A coin like that is simply not found in a jar of coins.
      You can make up any scenario you'd like to make the
      coin end up in a jar, but given all of the facts of the
      situation, I am of the strong opinion that it's not
      a genuine US Mint product, in any way, shape or form.

      And, as mentioned numerous times, there is NO grading or
      authentication service that would certify it as genuine;
      nor is there any individual numismatist who believes it's
      genuine.

      Fred

      > Here's a longer thread about this coin on Collector's Universe:
      >
      > http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=774392&highlight_key=y&keyword1=1959

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic