22826Re: Could this possibly be a proof?

    May 12, 2010
      I now have the coin and the planchet is definitely not a proof planchet. It does look like a very early die state (VEDS) because the field is mirror-like and the back of Jefferson's head has a frosted look under the microscope.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Based on what I've seen on this date over the years,
      > the proof-like surfaces are fairly common, and due to
      > the excess pressure of it being on top of another plan.
      > when it was struck (ie; the uniface reverse).
      >

      > Fred
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi <rjrisi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > could be a reflection, but for $26 its well worth a shot and even if its not a proof, it went for a fair price for an early fully dated o/c coin....i was going to bid on it but didn't factor in the possibility of it being a proof.
      > > Rob

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic