21701Re: Washington Quarter; Off-Center Strike On Split Planchet?

    Aug 2, 2009
      I'd be able to tell if I could see the coin or if you could submit a better photograph.

      Don't clean the spots. This coin would be worth slabbing. It's value would depend on whether the incuse image is a ghost image (which is almost always the case) or a brockage.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bgsherris" <bgsherris@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Mike...so I guess the only thing about this "coin" is that we'll never know is whether the reverse is a brockage or simply a strong ghost image.
      >
      > BTW, there are a few spots of what appear to be "pitting" on the coin; should I leave the coin natural for slabbing, or should I try to clean those spots. My guess is that I should leave it alone?
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic