21541[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: "OUT-ING" LIVE AUCTIONS

  • coolwhs
    Jul 3, 2009
      Personally, I prefer that auctions be discussed openly if a member brings up a question. I've followed for a while, and my experience has taught me that I don't have the skill to determine if an error coin is genuine or not and can only buy certified errors to avoid a heavy loss. Personally, I consider sending a PM to a knowledgeable member about an auction unfairly obligates them to spend their time acknowledging my request; as well as tipping the playing field by only alerting one member to the potential of an extremely rare or bogus error. Auctions are an open forum for participants, why not discuss the items as such? While I understand the other side of the coin and that this topic falls into a gray area, wouldn't it be easiest to settle this with a poll?

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Mills" <steve@...> wrote:

      > FWIW The coin which raised this issue again was discussed extensively on, at
      > least 0ne, other forum.
      >

      > I just don't see any point in an eBay gag rule.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic