      From: jeff ylitalo <jylitalo@...>
      Subject: Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Elliptical clip on GB one penny
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 10:30 PM

      Just my word usage is all (puported).

      It is an alleged elliptical clip which does look from the images he has posted to be an authentic and genuine. Its just too high of a price for me to examine it for myself is all. Past dealings I've had with him, he is an honest bloke. Many others here would say the same.

      Good luck haggling down the price if that is your aim.

      From: jeff ylitalo <jylitalo@yahoo. com>
      To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 3:29 PM

      I haven't seen a true elliptical clip on a copper plated zinc cent either.

      Could it be that copper plated zinc cent blanks are shipped from outside sources to the various mints?

      I know of a Lincoln wheat cent purported to be an elliptical clip being sold by Chuck Rickard for BIN of $450.00 on e-bay (too pricey for me).

      Other than this one, its the only Lincoln cent elliptical clip I've seen (copper plated zinc or not).