21306Re: 2009 D Harrison Third Eye

  • portpere
    May 8, 2009
      At times, there is a disconnect between grading companies and the customer/attributor. I have had a few cases where James Wiles attributed certain coins of mine just as I thought they should. Upon submission of these coins with Mr. Wiles attribution attached, I still got back mislabeled or wrongly graded/slabbed coins. Now, I only submit well-known error types for attribution/slab. The more complicated errors stay in an annotated flip in my personal archives. I assume that most error collectors have many more raw errors than slabbed error coins in their personal hoard.

      John

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I understand - I didn't say that you said I said it....
      >

      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "coinz24" <coinz24@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Fred I never said that you said "mechanical error". Pcgs said this so I asked what they ment. They graded coin and on lable they did not lable correctly. Once coin s comes back I will let you know.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@> wrote:
      > > > I've never used the term "mechanical error" on a
      > > > description for PCGS, so I don't know what that means
      > > > either. To me, the term means the overall catagory of
      > > > Double Strikes, Off Metals, Off Centers, etc., not a
      > > > specific name for a specific error type.
      > > >
      > > > If the coin comes to me, as I told the owner a few weeks
      > > > ago, I would not certify it as an error, as it is a minor
      > > > anomaly, and not a major striking error, imo.
      > > >
      > > > Not every coin that has an error on it is deemed 'slabbable'
      > > > by the services.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic