21303Re: 2009 D Harrison Third Eye

  • fred_weinberg
    May 8, 2009
      I've never used the term "mechanical error" on a
      description for PCGS, so I don't know what that means
      either. To me, the term means the overall catagory of
      Double Strikes, Off Metals, Off Centers, etc., not a
      specific name for a specific error type.

      If the coin comes to me, as I told the owner a few weeks
      ago, I would not certify it as an error, as it is a minor
      anomaly, and not a major striking error, imo.

      Not every coin that has an error on it is deemed 'slabbable'
      by the services.

      > The grading services usually emply the term "mechanical error" to refer to clerical errors such as typos or obvious goofs printed on the slab label.
      > >
      > > The term "mechanical error" means nothing to me. It's certainly not an error category.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "coinz24" <coinz24@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mike thank you I found pictures. Also Mike I spoke with PCGS today the third eye Harrison will be graded under "Mechanical Error"
      > > > once I have coin I will take pictures of it.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic