20894Re: 1999 d Delaware statehood quarter

    Jan 1, 2009
      Your coin was almost certainly plated outside the Mint. I've
      encountered a number of quarters with no copper core visible on the
      edge, and they were all plated. To my knowledge, not a single example
      of a normal-weight, normal-diameter, solid silver or solid copper-
      nickel statehood quarter has ever been authenticated.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Eric"
      <guito6794@...> wrote:
      > Hi I am new to this site and I have a question about a 1999 d
      > statehood quarter. I found this coin while at work and what caught my
      > eye first is that the luster on it was very brilliant second I
      > that the reed was all silver looking, I myself love silver coins but
      > dont think this coin is, altough there are silver statehood sets this
      > coin make the noise that a clad coin makes when you drop it. also I
      > thought the only statehood quarters that were minted had the mint
      > s. I dont think this coin has been altered so I hope someone can help
      > me figure this coin out. Thank you for any info provided.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic