      From: reich_coins <reich_coins@...>
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 7:23 pm
      Subject: Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] wrong planchet monroe errors

      Hello Susan,

      I have a friend who sent me a coin to look at. He's fairly savvy about
      error coins but he didn't know what this one was. It is a monroe P
      dollar that is silver colored on the obverse only . the reverse appears
      normal. coin is normal weight. there are scratches in the silver obverse
      color that seem to reveal a normal color beneath. He has some submitted
      for research and sent me one to look at as well. It looks like it was
      spray painted! He has several of these coins and they came out of
      original bu rolls from coinwrap co. Pretty odd. Is it possible that
      someone at the wrapping facility decided to have a little fun with our
      desperate search?

      PS.- email me or post about your magnifying head gear, I've got to get a
      set!

      --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "jylitalo"
      <jylitalo@.. .> wrote:

      > Susan,
      >
      > The third link listed at CONECA homepage concerning the para for the
      > Monroe notes a link which you host.
      >
      > I was pre-mature, my bad.
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > (P.S. for anyone interested, there is a 'pay-pal' option now at CONECA
      > to either en-list or re-new your membership!)
      >

      > --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "jylitalo"
      > jylitalo@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I will add to Susan's sources and secrets,
      > >
      > > click here....
      > >
      > > http://conecaonline .org/
      > >
      > > This is the CONECA Home page. Scroll about half way down and you
      will
      > > entitle yourself, for free, to further current info on this hyped
      > subject.
      > >
      > > Jeff
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "Susan Headley"
      > > <galaxiana@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a site visitor from my About.com Coins site who is certain
      he
      > > has three of these Monroe quarters found in rolls on the East Coast,
      > > but he can't seem to get them weighed for some reason. He is sending
      > > me a coin to examine, so if it turns out to be the real cahuna,
      you'll
      > > all be the first to know. =)
      > > >
      > > > (I'm not holding my breath on either the coin being sent, or it
      > > weighing 5.67 grams if he does send it, heh.) But you did ask, and
      > > this is the closest I have come to seeing one of these wrong
      planchet
      > > Monroe errors in my little corner of the Web.
      > > >
      > > > Susan
      > > > Susan Headley
      > > > About.com Guide to Coins
      > > > www.About.com
      > > > http://coins. about.com
      > > > Become an About.com Guide: http://beaguide. about.com
      > > > About.com is part of the New York Times Company

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic