18916FISHING SEASON OVER....OPEN SEASON ON PHISHING

  • Marc
    Dec 1, 2007
      Just a friendly holiday reminder to all our members that phishing is
      in full swing. I have received 4 fake offers VIA EMAIL in 3 days for
      me to bid on auctions or have a 2nd chance offer. The headings in the
      emails are exactly like eBay emails, and everything about them looks
      real.

      I was underbidder in an auction 11/29 that sold for $120 (an OBW
      roll.) On 11/30 I got an email that I was offered a 2nd chance for
      another roll the seller had for my $117 bid. I checked MY EBAY and the
      offer wasn't there. An email to spoof@... and to spam@...
      sent with the headers proved that it did not come from eBay.

      In short..as holiday season arrives, don't let your guard down. Those
      rip-off bums are out there targeting us. Never answer through an email.

      If it isn't in MY EBAY that you sign on to securely with your
      password, it's not real. Don't get caught phishing...

      Happy and healthy to all.....
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic