17960[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: One of my favorite eBay coins now being li

  • portpere
    Aug 3, 2007
      Jeff,
      You are 100% correct in your assessment. I have added another photo
      to the default album to show the similarity with the Sacagawea. Did
      not have a slabbed Saca Proof, so this SMS coin will have to do for
      now. It is impressive to see the two together and I would think that
      an unscrupulous seller might hook a few fish with something like
      this. Now I want to add a nice frosty slabbed SBA Proof and a slabbed
      Saca proof as a comparison set. Any bluish toned SBA's still out
      there?
      John
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff"
      <jylitalo@...> wrote:

      > The lower SBA proof looks frosted, while the other seems deep cameo
      > with mirror surfaces. I suppose they can all tone differntly over
      time.

      > I'm not so much of a nut when it comes to proof designations, but
      > thats what it looks like to me.
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Jeff, I was worried I might have to safe deposit the coin.
      > > Anyway, I took a photo of the slabbed one next to an unopened
      1979
      > > proof set and wiil post it in the default album. No color
      correction
      > > taken in daylight. Check it out,
      > > John

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic