Re: [equineveterinarymedicine] Re: Grey horse itching

  • JackieJATaylor
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2004
      > Thank you for your input. I'm glad I went back & looked at some of
      > the posts on flax seed--dangerous for the liver.

      I saw the comment, but there was never any reference given to back it up and
      none of us could find any documented evidence whatsoever.

      Jackie
    • alphamare@accordingtoindy.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2004
        No, no, no! Flax does NOT damage the liver!!!!!! Check my posts and you'll
        see the link for Omega Horseshine. This is what my vet recommended for my
        itchy palomino and it has really helped him.

        Suzy and Indy
        http://www.accordingtoindy.com/
        "From my earliest memories, I have loved horses with a longing beyond
        words." ~ Robert Vavra

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2004
          Could you please email me privately about this at home? My home addy
          is circlet@.... I really need to know about Omega
          Horseshine. I will check my email here at home tomorrow; otherwise,
          please just reply & I will be able to check it at work on Monday.
          Hombre, alias Hercules Poco Doc, is a beautiful grey; but, his very
          long mane & tail suffers terribly each summer.

          Thanks, Joyce in SW OK, farmer/ranchers wife/oil & gas secretary 5
          days a week

          --- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, <alphamare@a...>
          wrote:
          > No, no, no! Flax does NOT damage the liver!!!!!! Check my posts and
          you'll
          > see the link for Omega Horseshine. This is what my vet recommended
          for my
          > itchy palomino and it has really helped him.
          >
          > Suzy and Indy
          > http://www.accordingtoindy.com/
          > "From my earliest memories, I have loved horses with a longing
          beyond
          > words." ~ Robert Vavra
        • moonlitmare
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2004
            Sorry, it took me so long to get back on this. Ive been busy.

            Its not painful. Ever crack your knuckles? or your back? Same thing
            but on horses.
            I'll try to describe how to do it since I obviously can't show you.

            Now dont do this on horses that arent used to people messing with
            their tails.

            Towards the top of the tail (about 4inches down) take a section of
            hair between your thumb and fore finger.
            make a fist and roll your knuckles across the tail sideways so the
            hair gets tight and rolls around your finger.
            Thats it
            If it needed it, it'll pop.
            A lot of times if their itching their tail they'll stop.
            Ami (not a vet or a chiropractor)

            -- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, "C" <carriet@v...>
            wrote:
            > "Crack" their tail ???
            > Explain please. This sounds painful, but I know you must mean
            something else than what it sounds like.

            > Carrie.

            I'm
            > > at my wits end & he has already started rubbing his tail this
            > year.
            > > We live in SW OK almost on the Red River & we're very sandy.
            We
            > > also have a dark bay gelding that rubs some. Any ideas what I
            can
            > > use that might help these guys?
            > >
            > > Joyce, farmer/rancher's wife

            Service.