Bump on canon bone

  • Erika Bronstrup
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Yesterday morning when out at the barn working horses I noticed a
      large bump on my 5 yr old stallions canon bone. It is on the inside
      of his right front leg. It is about the full length of the bone,
      hard, a bit sore, and there is no sign of wound, but he isn't lame.

      Has anyone had this before? It seems way too big to be a splint.

      I called the on-call vet for advice until my vet could come out. She
      said to ice it, wrap it and bute him, and a sweat wrap may help. If
      I can't get my vet out today I will sweat it.

      He lives in a box stall and the only things in there are a plastic
      bucket/feeder (hooked to the wall on the ground), his grain bucket
      (rubber), a waterer, and a corner grain feeder that I don't use
      (plastic). Oh, and his cone.

      Erika
      Noblesse Stables
      http://www.noblessestables.com
      Home of the Century Free Spirit stallion: Regency Freedom's Way
      Also standing: Regency Praetorian Guard