Help gelding cant walk!!!! :(

  • Kelly / Opequon Creek Farm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      i last checked on my horses at 9pm last night giving them hay. they were all
      fine. i was out of town all day and didnt get home til 8pm tonight. a
      gelding of ours CAN NOT WALK ! when he tries to he walks as if he is stiff
      or severely drunk. on all 4 feet. he will not let me pick one of his feet up
      to see if theres anything in them. he is stumbling badly when he tries to
      walk, so bad that i thought he was going to fall on me at one point. he is
      not sensitive along his spine, and i feel no heat anywhere along his legs or
      hoofs. he ate all his grain like normal, and is drinking water. he is not
      showing the whites of his eyes or acting scared. this gelding was ridden
      just yesterday and he was fine (it was a lite ride for about 10 mins--
      nothing strenuous or on pavement, nothing like that) he did have a small
      change in diet 4 days ago, we started putting 2 ounces of wheat germ oil in
      his grain to keep his weight up.

      he does have a small lump above all his feet that was NOT there yesterday
      when i picked his feet. i do not know what to do!!! is there anything i can
      do? what could this be? i CAN NOT call a vet out here as i'm already up to
      my neck in bills from an ill pony over the weekend... please, please help..
      advice, or what i should do.. i am in full dispair panic mode here!! i cant
      think of anything that can set onto a horse like this in only one nights
      time..

      please email privatly so not to clog the lists. thank you,

      tnwalkn_krellas@...