Re: [equineveterinarymedicine] Digest Number 354

  • Barbara English
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003

      equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:03:35 -0000
      From: "barbjg51"
      Subject: Toe Length

      I have a question on horizontal toe length. How far from the apex of
      the frog to the outside edge of the hoof wall should the horizontal
      toe length be? Do you measure from the outside of the heel bulbs to
      the apex of the frog divide that measurement by 3 and then take 1/3
      of that to get the correct toe length from the apex of the frog to
      the outside edge of the hoof wall? Also what is the correct vertical
      length from the coronet down to the bottom edge of the hoof wall? Is
      this also the breakover point?
      Thanks,
      BJ

      Have you checked out Gretchen Fathauer's site? There is so much really good information on her sight. http://serenz.com/gretchenfathauer  --- I'm sure you'll find it very interesting and helpful. Barbara English Anderson, CA (new member)