Re: Incontinence

  • phocaphocidae
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi Tanya, Michele and Connie!

      The vet did not have any idea what caused that. He suspected digestion or he eate something that changed his pH.

      He didnÿt exclude stones, but said that they are highly unlikely. Although he looked him with portable ultrasound device he couldnÿt see exactly if they are present because the horse is too big for that device. The urine was alkaline according to lab results.

      The vet said that the horse was in pain because his bladder was full of heavy sediment and thatÿs why he couldnÿt move his hind legs and basically his whole body. I really hope that is it.

      I will keep you posted.

      Regards,
      Tilen

      -
    • phocaphocidae
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2012
        Hi!

        Unfortunately I have some bad news. Our horse is not getting any better :(. After a week he is not showing any signs of improvement and he is still having problems with incotinence. We made a blood and urine lab tests. Can anyone tell me what do they mean if you can? I would like to hear others opinion. You can find them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3WPqF9XYg&feature=g-crec

        Thank you for your help.

        Tilen

        --- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, phocaphocidae <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tanya, Michele and Connie!
        >
        > The vet did not have any idea what caused that. He suspected digestion or he eate something that changed his pH.
        >
        > He didnÿt exclude stones, but said that they are highly unlikely. Although he looked him with portable ultrasound device he couldnÿt see exactly if they are present because the horse is too big for that device. The urine was alkaline according to lab results.
        >
        > The vet said that the horse was in pain because his bladder was full of heavy sediment and thatÿs why he couldnÿt move his hind legs and basically his whole body. I really hope that is it.
        >
        > I will keep you posted.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Tilen
        >
        > -

      • Connie Hendrix
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 3, 2012
          I have resigned myself to cleaning mare daily, as umc says it cannot be reversed. A big commitment....hope your ending is a better one!!

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Dec 2, 2012, at 11:00 AM, phocaphocidae <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > Unfortunately I have some bad news. Our horse is not getting any better :(. After a week he is not showing any signs of improvement and he is still having problems with incotinence. We made a blood and urine lab tests. Can anyone tell me what do they mean if you can? I would like to hear others opinion. You can find them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3WPqF9XYg&feature=g-crec
          >
          > Thank you for your help.
          >
          > Tilen

        • Connie Hendrix
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 12, 2012
            Have you ever thought about acupuncture? My vet says it might help........

            Connie
          • phocaphocidae
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 16, 2012
              Hi Connie!

              No, I have never thought about acupuncture. I will ask around if anyone knows how to do it. Thank you.

              Generally Larson is ok, he is playing with other horses but he is still leaking urine and his joints are swelling.

              Kind regards,
              Tilen

              --- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, "Connie Hendrix" <bluemoon28@...> wrote:

              > Have you ever thought about acupuncture? My vet says it might help........
              >
              > Connie

            • Connie Hendrix
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 16, 2012
                Good luck!!