re: Cushings

  • Lynne
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
      Sign up for Dr Kellons Yahoo group - Equine Cushings. all the info you will ever need on cushings & Dr Kellon is the leading authority on cushings
    • Connie Hendrix
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
        Just an update.....Cody is scheduled for his radiation treatment Monday or Tuesday of next week.   It was determined that his pituitary gland is VERY enlarged, and with the heavy breathing, drinking constantly and peeing all the time....that he definitely has all the symptoms of Cushing's...hopefully this new treatment will be a breakthrough for treating horses with Cushing's...or at least, I am hoping for this.

        With daily updates from the doctor in charge of this study, I feel that he is being well taken care of...and being spoiled.   He will be able to come home next week.    Evidently improvement in his condition after this treatment will be slow over the next few months....Further updates to follow.  Please keep your fingers crossed for Cody!

        Connie

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
          Thank you Lynne!

          Evelyn Ikner