Strombal cysts?

  • Debbie Highfill
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      HI
      I have a Cremello mare and when I had the Equine Dentist out the other day - she noticed these on her eyes.
      Does anyone have any info on these and can recommend and Opthamologist around Ft worth area?

      God Bless,
      Debbie

    • Evelyn Ikner
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010

        Evelyn Ikner

        I have a Cremello mare and when I had the Equine Dentist out the other day - she noticed these on her eyes.
        Does anyone have any info on these and can recommend and Opthamologist around Ft worth area?

        God Bless,
        Debbie

            Debbie,

        Please keep us posted as o what this is and what you end up doing to resolve it.  Good Luck!

        Evelyn, Kissyfur Farm

      • LEA VALENTINE
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
          I believe stromals are usually squamous cell and should be removed. I would imagine they are often associated with your mare's light skin just as SCCs are often found around the eyes of white faced horses. We have one in the clinic right now and get them often- find a good Vet or Veterinary Opthmalogist. How close is Am & M. I'm sure they have a good one there.

          lea and the Foxlea Clan

          www.Foxleafarm.net

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2010
            Thanks for the responses.
            I am getting her insurance in tact before I can take her as I can't afford to do this without it.
            The opthamologist said it was 300 for the exam.
            Who knows what the surgery will cost!

            Sent from Debbie's iPhone
          • Amy
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2010
              I too am a firm believer in Texas A&M. I have had several horses there at various times and was always impressed while watching them work.

              Amy In TX

              I believe stromals are usually squamous cell and should be removed. I would imagine they are often associated with your mare's light skin just as SCCs are often found around the eyes of white faced horses. We have one in the clinic right now and get them often- find a good Vet or Veterinary Opthmalogist. How close is Am & M. I'm sure they have a good one there.

              lea and the Foxlea Clan

              www.Foxleafarm.net

              I have a Cremello mare and when I had the Equine Dentist out the other day - she noticed these on her eyes.
              Does anyone have any info on these and can recommend and Opthamologist around Ft worth area?

              God Bless,
              Debbie

              Internal Virus Database is out of date.