Re: Help with swollen lymph nodes

  • horses_on_the_brain
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31 4:50 PM
      So far none. I brought her home, because his wife (his vet
      assistant) said they aren't doing anything there but feeding her. I
      asked the vet to draw blood, which he did. But when I talked to his
      wife, she said she didn't know if he was going to send it out because
      he didn't know if it would help. I asked her if he did a biopsy, and
      she asked me if I wanted one done. I said yes and she asked ME if
      the vet knew how to do that. I told her I didn't know.

      I am out of work right now, so that was the reason I took her there,
      because I had an account with them and could pay on time. I am going
      to take her to a different vet. I just need to know how much the
      tests cost, so I can budget them in. Hopefully, I will call them
      next week and find more info on it. My mare is still eating good and
      seems to have the same amount of energy. She still has the swollen
      glands tho.

      Thanks for your help. If you have any information, maybe more
      questions I can ask of the vet, please let me know.

      Cathy

      --- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Gade"
      <dakotabarbay@...> wrote:

      > Any updates on this horse's condition??
      >
      > Andrea
      > vet student
      > UW SVM class of 2009
      >
      > --- In
      > equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, "horses_on_the_brain"
      > <sugataga@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Lymphoma is what I am scared it is. But, everybody keeps telling
      > me
      > > to quit seeing the bad.
      > >
      > > Anyway, the mare is 6 years old and she has had tetenus, EEE, WEE
      > and
      > > WNV vaccine. My horses very rarely go anywhere so this is all I
      > give
      > > them. And I didn't have a coggins done on her. I haven't been
      > able
      > > to actually talk to my vet. I have only talked to his wife, who
      is
      > > his assistant. But she doesn't know much. I figure he probably
      > did
      > > try to aspirate a node, but again, I'm not sure.
      > >
      > > Thank you for your info.
      > >
      > > Cathy
      > >

      > > --- In equineveterinarymedicine@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Gade"
      > > <dakotabarbay@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm sorry things have been going badly for you :(
      > > >
      > > > How old is the mare? You probably don't know the answer to this
      > > > question, but has the vet done an aspirate of the lymph nodes?
      Or
      > > > biopsy of them, or a chest or abdominal tap? The clinical
      signs
      > > > could be those of Lymphoma...which would be bad news.
      > > >
      > > > Does the mare have a negative Coggins test? Is she up-to-date
      on
      > > > vaccines?
      > > >
      > > > Andrea
      > > > vet student