Cars kill

  • miltont@efn.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      To the EPG list:

      Cars kill people. The World Health Organization estimates that
      worldwide, over one million people die each year in incidents
      involving automobiles. See:

      http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2004/pr24/en/

      People need protection against cars.
      Automobile ownership is not a human right. As cartoonist Jean Murphy
      had one of her characters say in her "Bicycle Woman" cartoon strip:
      "Can't they see what cars are doing to his planet!?!" If, like me,
      you don't own a car, you don't have to worry about the government
      tracking your movements through your car.
      --Milton Takei

      Subject: Re: [epguild] Pay as you drive car insurance
      From: "Mark Robinowitz" <mark@...>
      Date: Sun, August 31, 2008 7:40 pm
      To: "Eugene Permaculture Guild" <epguild@yahoogroups.com>

      If the device has GPS in it then it can easily be programmed to keep
      track of where you are.

      Hitler, Stalin and George Orwell couldn't imagine something that
      intrusive.

      www.road-scholar.org/spyroads.html

      www.oilempire.us/geoslavery.html

      "Now they've got the whole country sectioned off and you can't move
      without a form."
      -- Harry Tuttle, from the film BRAZIL (1985)