Mt. Pisgah Wildflower - May 17, Mt Pisgah

  • micheal sunanda
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      This is always a great event and an excellent place to
      learn plants!! peace t

      NPSO is a co-sponsor of the Mt. Pisgah Wildflower
      Festival with Lane Community College and the Arboretum.

      If you are interested in helping out--set-up,collecting plants for the Mt. Pisgah Wildflower Festival, setup will be from 9AM to NOON on Saturday, May 17. It's a volunteer effort to raise money for the arboretum and we really appreciate all the help.

      1) Collecting -- If you want to collect in the Willamette National Forest,
      I need your name for the permit. I'll also have a list of city parks we can collect from, collection guidelines, and more info later. Please signup at the next regular NPSO meeting on April 21 or contact David McClurg at dpm@....

      2) Setup -- We need people to move and cover the tables, unpack plants before they wilt, and find the proper vase. Please signup at the next regular NPSO meeting on April 21 or contact Gail Baker at bakerg@lanecc. edu.

      3) Plant ID - We also need botanists to help identify the plants and students to assist them. It's fun and your learn heaps. Please signup at the next regular NPSO meeting on April 21 or contact Bitty Roy at bit@uoregon. edu.

      We have new nomenclature this year thanks to the Oregon Flora Project and Charlene Simpson. The label committee is working hard to get the labels ready and checked early.

      Wildflower Festival and Plant Sale! Sunday, May 18, 10am-4pm

      Bring the whole family to our annual celebration of Oregon's wildflowers! This year we will honor our amazing native plants and their beautiful pollinators, the butterflies. Enjoy our display of hundreds of wildflowers, a huge plant sale, live music, children's activities, guided nature walks, and great food and handcrafted goods!
      Suggested donation: $5 per person or $10 per family. Members free! Free parking; please leave dogs at home. Co-sponsored by the Native Plant Society of Oregon and Lane Community College.

      Gail A. Baker bakerg@lanecc. edu
      Assistant Professor of Biology
      Science Division
      Lane Community College
      Eugene OR 97405
      541-463-5085
      http://teach. lanecc.edu/ bakerg/
      Plants <--> People
      The Institute of Contemporary Ethnobotany
      contemporaryethnobo tany@yahoo. com
      www.foodnotlawns. com

      jo