RE: [epguild] Port Orford Cedar

  • Nathaniel Sperry
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008

      Anyone who is not familiar with the USDA site might take a look.  The information is extensive; the photos are generally good, although the information can be a bit dry and too scientific for the non-scientist…

      plants.usda.gov

      http://plants.usda.gov/java/nameSearch?mode=Common+Name&keywordquery=Port+Orford+Cedar&go.x=6&go.y=4

      http://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/tree/chalaw/all.html

      The second reference is the first page that opens after you search (make sure you choose common name or scientific name before you search).  Within that page, going to the bottom, there is a category called More Accounts and Images; under that I selected the first of seven further references which led to the third reference.   As I said- exhaustive…

      Nathaniel Sperry

      605 Howard Ave.

      Eugene OR 97404

      541-461-1737

      541-461-0091 Fax

      nathaniel@...

      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells