Organic Word "Banished"

  • David Hoffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Organic Word "Banished "
      It seems some complaints are valid and some miss the concept.
      Comments such "The possibility of a food item being inorganic, i.e.,
      not being composed of carbon atoms, is nil." shows that some people
      beyond the choir do not get it.
      HAPPY HUMUS!

      Lake Superior State University 2008 List of Banished Words
      http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php
      ORGANIC ­ Overused and misused to describe not only food, but
      computer products or human behavior, and often used when describing
      something as "natural," says Crystal Giordano of Brooklyn, New York.
      Another advertising gimmick to make things sound better than they
      really are, according to Rick DeVan of Willoughby, Ohio, who said he
      has heard claims such as "My business is organic," and computers
      having "organic software."

      "Things have gone too far when they begin marketing T-shirts as
      organic." ­ Michelle Fitzpatrick, St. Petersburg, Florida.

      "'Organic' is used to describe everything, from shampoo to meat.
      Banishment! Improperly used!" ­ Susan Clark, Bristol, Maine.

      "The possibility of a food item being inorganic, i.e., not being
      composed of carbon atoms, is nil." ­ John Gomila, New Orleans, Louisiana.

      "You see the word 'organic' written on everything from cereal to dog
      food." ­ Michael, Sacramento, California.

      "I'm tired of health food stores selling products that they say are
      organic. All the food we eat is organic!" ­ Chad Jacobson, Park
      Falls, Wisconsin.
      2007 Word List
      List History
      Submit A Word