baby peacocks available

  • mavis pas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Have 9 peababies available.

      Peacocks can be handled like chickens.  Mine nest in my big trees but during nesting season the moms ground nest and are pray to fox.  I have as many as my property and neigbors can handle.

      They are beautiful intelligent birds that give me hours of joy watching them play tag and listening to their many vocalizations.  I have hand rasied one that was abandonded and he was a very intelligent bird, he would come when called and was learning some tricks when, unfortunately he decided to eat my topiary filled with dried peat moss and it swelled in his belly and killed him before i realized what was going on.

      Down side of peacocks is if you don't live rural their vocalizations may aggrevate your neigbors.  They do like to walk on your deck and deposit their large chicken like poop whereever they walk  also.

      Please email me directly for further information I would like these guys to have a nice home.  If you set up your compost under where they would roost you would have a nice system.

      They also drop their tail feathers every year.