Re: [epguild] Q for moderator (was: "BE THE CHANGE")

  • Pete Benson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013

      Yes, I could also have just hit "Delete", and I usually do with such emails.  This time, because the "pitchiness" was so obvious, *and* because it was from a lonlocal source, I felt moved to raise a question about its appropriateness.

      I agree with you, a better approach by Vladislav would have been (as you said, Jewel) to explain why rain catchment is a good idea, as is gray water treatment and reclaiming.  Then it would be appropriate to mention that the poster has systems available, which anyone can inquire about by contacting him off-list.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
        I'm one of the moderators, but not the only one, nor am I the list owner.

        I'm not the moderator who approved this posting, but I would have approved it.

        It's my understanding that the list does allow commercial postings for related topics, and IMO teaching people how to do effective water cachement would fall under the permaculture umbrella.

        While the Regenerative Leadership Institute is down in San Francisco, we've had posts for permaculture courses from both local and distant locations before.

        I'm a big fan of crowdfunding, and this Indiegogo campaign seems well-designed with decent rewards.

        Chris

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
          Okay, thanks, Chris.  As long as I know the list guidelines.  As I said, I do agree that what that posting offered seems worthwhile and definitely relevant to this list.

          Pete