Fwd: Living River Celebration on Green Island - Saturday, June 29

  • Liz Lawrence
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2013
    One more plug for this event on Saturday: for those of us who live in North Eugene and River Road/Santa Clara, Green Island is one of the last remaining places in the upper Willamette Valley where you can see a large swath of undeveloped land that looks like our neighborhood did 100 years ago. On this 1,100-acre parcel, McKenzie River Trust is letting the river go where it wants to go with significant benefits for clean drinking water; abundant native plants, fish and wildlife; and the attenuation of flooding.

    For more about the project, visit mckenzieriver.org and read Joe Moll's viewpoint in today's Eugene Weekly: http://www.eugeneweekly.com/20130627/guest-viewpoint/river-time

    Hope to see you on Green Island on Saturday! Facebook event with directions and more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/177503645738467/?fref=ts

    Liz

    Saturday, June 29, 2013
    Gates open at 7am and close at 5pm

    Tree Climbing – Guided Tours – Birding – Picnicking – Fishing – Native Plant ID – Self Guided Walks – Canoeing – Storytelling – Oakshire Beer – Music by the Whiskey Chasers and more…

    Please join the McKenzie River Trust to look over, walk over, and turn over 10 years of land and water conservation on Green Island, located where the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers come together. You’ll find birdsong and music, freshwater and cold beverages, naturalist guides and story tellers, all while exploring 1,000 acres of rolling floodplain that grows wilder by the day. FREE and family friendly. Bring your friends! No pets, please.

    Green Island is located just 15 minutes from downtown Eugene or Springfield.

    Full schedule and directions: http://mckenzieriver.org/events/living-river/

    We are also seeking volunteers to help with the following:
       > Poster Distribution – needed immediately, throughout the month
       > Parking Assistants: 2 hour shifts on Saturday, June 29 between 7 am and 5 pm
       > Event Hub Assistance:  2 hour shifts between 9 am and 5 pm
       > Event Clean-up: 5-7pm

    To sign-up for a volunteer shift, email Holly McRae at hollymcrae@..., or call 541-968-0653. Please let us know if you have a preference in time/volunteer task.

  • Debra Birkinshaw Harrow
    Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Well, THAT was an event well worth going to! As a new resident to Eugene, I found it to be informative, inspiring and enjoyable. Thank you, Liz!

      To: epguild@yahoogroups.com
      From: lizlawr@...
      Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:18:05 -0700
      Subject: [epguild] Fwd: Living River Celebration on Green Island - Saturday, June 29 [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Liz Lawrence included below]

      Saturday, June 29, 2013
      Gates open at 7am and close at 5pm

      Tree Climbing – Guided Tours – Birding – Picnicking – Fishing – Native Plant ID – Self Guided Walks – Canoeing – Storytelling – Oakshire Beer – Music by the Whiskey Chasers and more…

      Please join the McKenzie River Trust to look over, walk over, and turn over 10 years of land and water conservation on Green Island, located where the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers come together. You’ll find birdsong and music, freshwater and cold beverages, naturalist guides and story tellers, all while exploring 1,000 acres of rolling floodplain that grows wilder by the day. FREE and family friendly. Bring your friends! No pets, please.

      Green Island is located just 15 minutes from downtown Eugene or Springfield.

      Full schedule and directions: http://mckenzieriver.org/events/living-river/

      We are also seeking volunteers to help with the following:
         > Poster Distribution – needed immediately, throughout the month
         > Parking Assistants: 2 hour shifts on Saturday, June 29 between 7 am and 5 pm
         > Event Hub Assistance:  2 hour shifts between 9 am and 5 pm
         > Event Clean-up: 5-7pm

      To sign-up for a volunteer shift, email Holly McRae at hollymcrae@..., or call 541-968-0653. Please let us know if you have a preference in time/volunteer task.

    • Allen Hancock
      Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        I agree.  The work being done by McKenzie River Trust at Green Island is so inspiring that I came home after the Living River Celebration and sent them a donation.  I encourage everyone to sign up for their e-mail news so you can find out when the next tour of the Island is.

        Allen

        To: epguild@yahoogroups.com

        Saturday, June 29, 2013
        Gates open at 7am and close at 5pm

        Tree Climbing – Guided Tours – Birding – Picnicking – Fishing – Native Plant ID – Self Guided Walks – Canoeing – Storytelling – Oakshire Beer – Music by the Whiskey Chasers and more…

        Please join the McKenzie River Trust to look over, walk over, and turn over 10 years of land and water conservation on Green Island, located where the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers come together. You’ll find birdsong and music, freshwater and cold beverages, naturalist guides and story tellers, all while exploring 1,000 acres of rolling floodplain that grows wilder by the day. FREE and family friendly. Bring your friends! No pets, please.

        Green Island is located just 15 minutes from downtown Eugene or Springfield.

        Full schedule and directions: http://mckenzieriver.org/events/living-river/

        We are also seeking volunteers to help with the following:
           > Poster Distribution – needed immediately, throughout the month
           > Parking Assistants: 2 hour shifts on Saturday, June 29 between 7 am and 5 pm
           > Event Hub Assistance:  2 hour shifts between 9 am and 5 pm
           > Event Clean-up: 5-7pm

        To sign-up for a volunteer shift, email Holly McRae at hollymcrae@..., or call 541-968-0653. Please let us know if you have a preference in time/volunteer task.

      • Elaine Zablocki
        Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
          I have a ticket for the Hult center 4:30 monday July 1 that I'm not
          going to be able to use. It is for an educational session where
          Rilling discusses the St. Matthew Passion.... the first in a series
          of four. For more details see the Bach festival web page, or the Hult
          center web page.

          If anyone would like this ticket, email me off list, and then come by
          my house in south Eugene to pick it up.