Summer Farm and Nature Camps for Kids!

  • Nathaniel N-T
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 3:00 PM
      Dear Friends,
      I am excited to share this invitation to some truly magical events that I am helping to create for this Summer.  While neither is explictly a "permaculture" camp we will most definitely be working with the same core principles, (e.g. fostering deep observation into the natural rhythms and patterns of the world around us).  Please check out the respective websites and feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
      Blessings,
      Nathaniel

      Nature Spirit Summer Camp
      at
      Fern Hill Botanical Sanctuary

      July 16-20, Ages 3 1/2 - 7
      (July 21 Family Day*)

      August 6 - 10, Ages 6-9
      (August 11 Family Day*)

      9:00am-2:00pm

      Come explore a magical land of luscious gardens, oak savanna, and old growth forest, where your child will have the opportunity to learn directly from the land that sustains us all.  Here we will share the secrets of wildcrafting and native plant medicine, hunt for treasure in the ancient woods, and deepen our wilderness awareness skills, observing the rhythms of and patterns of the more-than-human world.  Here we will play games, sing songs, engage in arts and crafts, and climb mountain tops, celebrating the Summer in style.
      Cost *****

      *****Because direct engagement with the natural world is something that we feel is essential to our growth and development as human beings, something that children of all ages have a right to, Nature Spirit Summer Camp was created as a gift of the facilitators, instructors, and stewards of the land.  We are pouring our hearts and souls into creating something that we feel is of great value to this community and trusting that our financial needs will be met.  No one will be turned away for lack of funds, but space is limited, so please apply soon, if you think you would like to participate.

      *11:00am -4:00pm
      Often times when we are creating programs for children, we hear parents wishing that they could participate.  Family Day was created as an opportunity for parents and siblings of participants to share in the fun.

      https://sites.google.com/site/naturespiritsummercamp/home

      Earthsong Summer Camp
      on the
      Deck Family Farm
      Monday June 18 through Thursday 21 (Ages 3 1/2-7)
      Monday July 30 through Friday August 3 (Ages 6-9)
      9am- 2pm
      Join us for a summer farm adventure!
      Come explore acres of farmland and forest, sing, craft, and play games together!
      On a given day, your child may: Hold a baby chick, Gather eggs, Feed the horses, Pick berries, Splash in the Creek, Meet the new babies of Spring,
      Play under the tree canopy, Build forts, Climb in the hay, Swing on the gate.
      There is always something new around the corner on the farm.
      Cost $150/ week
      Register for your spot today!
      Call Heather Kidd 541.513.3395
      Nathaniel Nordin-Tuininga 541.521.8658