Re: [epguild] 10 Principles of Burning Man. 2011

  • stephanie denby
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      That's only if you buy in Jan. It rapidly goes to well over $350!

      At 06:59 PM 8/31/2011, you wrote:

      Yeah, isn't Burning Man like $250 a head? With 50,000 people, that's $12,500,000. That's a hell of a lot of money going to somebody for a "Decommodified" event. Warren

      "Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them."

      With one exception, the Burning Man attendance has increased every year for the past two decades culminating in over 50,000 people last year. Around 90% of the energy wasted for this event is for transportation to and from the site. You cannot erect a city of 50k in the middle of a desert and claim LNT.