Re: ENERGY TRUST and roofs

  • christine robins
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2010
      Kathy--

      Do you mean "roofs"?

      I'm puzzled by the "white roofs" qualification.  A white roof may save energy if you use fans or AC a lot in the summer and have poor roof insulation, and it's unshaded.  Otherwise, the color of the roof will make little difference.

      Our new house has a dark metal roof and gets full sun, but also has very thick ceiling insulation, and we only used fans a few times all summer.  The house interior never got over 79 degrees.

      Christine

      To: epguild@yahoogroups.com
      From: kathy@...
      Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:23:00 -0700
      Subject: [epguild] Re: ENERGY TRUST only for certain customers: Net-zero energy renovation

      In Oregon eligible for Energy Trust:

      Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural or Cascade Natural Gas.

      (ALSO check out energystar.gov for rebates and info - some rebates end Sept. 30, 2010 and also Oregon Office of Energy aka Oregon Dept. of Energy and local utilities like EWEB, SUB, EPUD.  There are even Energy Star rooves - only a couple of white ones qualify for the 70% tax credit BTW.

      On Sep 28, 2010, at 6:39 AM, christine robins wrote:

      If you're considering insulation, or better windows, or more efficient appliances, be sure to check with the Oregon Energy Trust for their substantial rebates ("incentives") on these measures.

      www.energytrust.org/residential/

      w.eugenepermacultureguild.org

      ALL ZEE BEST IN ZEE WEST!
      Kathy Ging, M.A., G.R.I.