Tree-Watering Buckets

  • Denise For Peace
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      Very clever, Bev.  I've thought about something similar for watering tomatoes...  and I think I saw a simple hole-in-the-bucket watering system at Annie Donohue's garden, which she said worked great.  If I'm envisioning your set up correctly, here's my suggestion:

      Maybe put a little eye screw in the rubber plug with a piece of twine trailing up and out of the bucket so that if you put pee or other additives into the water you don't get that all over your arm when you remove the plug?

      Could you post a photo of the set up and let us know where you got the various pieces (store and department) and exactly what they're called?

      Also:  I think some of the coffee roasters around town give their burlap sacks away for free.  It might pay (literally) to check around.  :-)

      **Peace, Denise**

      The Mystery of Life is not a problem to be solved

      but a reality to be experienced.   ~Frank Herbert~

      Denise-Christine

      The Suburban Ecovillage Project

      www.suburbanecovillage.org

      541-688-1442