25090Oregon: Demand labels on GMO products. Petition

  • David Hoffman
    Nov 25, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Oregon: Demand labels on GMO products
      Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:16:01 -0800
      From: Tim Moore <moveon-help@...>

      Dear Oregon MoveOn member,

      I'm Tim Moore, a MoveOn member in Bend, Oregon, and I started a petition

      to the Oregon State Legislature and Governor John Kitzhaber, which says:

      Consumers have the right to know whether the foods they purchase were

      produced with genetic engineering. The genetic engineering of plants and

      animals is an imprecise process and often causes unintended consequences.

      Mixing plant, animal, bacterial, and viral genes in combinations that

      cannot occur in nature produces results that are not always predictable or

      controllable, and can lead to adverse health or environmental

      consequences.

      Sign Tim's petition

      I co-own Jem Raw Organics, an organic food manufacturing company in Bend,

      Oregon, and I believe consumers have the right to know whether the foods

      they purchase were produced with genetic engineering. I'm not saying we

      should ban them yet, but we should have the basic right to know what we

      put in our bodies!

      Join me in asking Oregon's leaders to support a GMO labeling ballot

      initiative.

      Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to

      your friends.

      Thanks!

      --Tim Moore

      This petition was created on MoveOn's online petition site, where anyone

      can start their own online petitions. Tim Moore didn't pay us to send this

      email--we never rent or sell the MoveOn.org list.