2 Announcements - Too Many Games & WBC

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hello, everyone. I wanted to make sure that those of you who aren't at the meeting today are aware of a few things we have going on that are cross-promotions with other organizations that we are looking for some folks to help out with these tasks.

      First up, is a game convention that is looking for a GM or two. It is called Too Many Games, and it ranges from Video & Computer games to CCG & boardgames. Rio Grande & Fantasy Flight are involved as sponsors, among others. We've had folks involved in the past running things there, and I am working directly on getting them some help this year and cross-promoting EPGS (as well as WBC, but more on that below) at the event.

      He is specifically looking for GM's for Carcassonne & Settlers, but you could contact Paul directly for other possibilities, please mention EPGS when you contact him. His contact information, as well as the con website is below. Please note this is over the 3rd weekend this month, so Saturday is an EPGS meeting, and Sunday is Father's Day. I do intend to be there on Sunday for some of the time, and perhaps Friday; Saturday I will obviously be at EPGS.

      Website: http://toomanygames.com/
      Paul Truitt: paul@...

      Our second thing is distributing promotional postcards for WBC (World Boardgaming Championships) in Lancaster, run by the BPA (Boardgame Players Association). In my various stints running the club, various members have asked me to get more directly involved, and we're helping them out with this.

      I will be handling distribution at Too Many Games, and to game stores in the western Philly suburbs, and Delaware. However, I need help getting the materials to stores in various other locations, as I just can't get everywhere easily. I am especially looking for folks to cover stores in NJ, and the northern Philly suburbs. I will have the materials at EPGS, and it's simple matter if you are going to be at a store in the next couple weeks to drop off some cards for them.

      Of course, we will also have teams at WBC again, if you want to be on a team, contact me directly with your choice of game to play as your team game. We often have more teams than any other club, and I think our strength in numbers help keep it that way!

      Con website: http://www.boardgamers.org/#wbc

      I want to thank everyone for their dedication to the club, and helping me help us stay strong and grow!

      Steve Cameron
      President