NAOBI January Meeting Announcement

  • epeachynews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      BLUE Epeachy News

      Sent by "Marilyn Teague" <mteague@...>

      Hello, everybody! Happy 2007!

      The National Alliance of Black Interpreters, Inc. Atlanta Chapter
      [NAOBI ATL] is inviting Georgia's interpreters and transliterators
      of Color, prospective interpreters and all interested parties to
      attend our upcoming meetings.

      The mission of NAOBI is to promote excellence and empowerment among
      African-Americans/Blacks

      and other minorities engaged in the profession of sign language
      interpreting, and to provide a networking structure encouraging
      growth and development in a multi-cultural/ multi-lingual
      environment.

      Please note: Our meetings are always held on the 2nd Saturday of the
      month.

      The scheduled time is from 11 AM to 1:00 PM.

      NOTE --- NEW LOCATION: The location for the January 13th, 2007
      meeting will be at the Student Center of Georgia Perimeter College.
      The address for GPC is 555 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA
      30021.

      We want to thank Christine Smith of the GPC SLIP for her assistance
      in helping us to secure a meeting room for January!

      IMPORTANT MEETING! Several items will be discussed this month! This
      is a very important meeting as we are looking for nominations for a
      new slate of officers and changes in our by-laws. All memberships
      expired in December, so we are asking you to come and renew.

      The new officers will be voted on at the February meeting. That
      meeting will be held back at the GACHI Community Room.

      We are a members-driven organization. We need your ideas on what
      you would like to see NAOBI do. We need for you to get informed
      and become involved!!

      Light refreshments will be served at the meeting!! Please come!

      For more information, call Marilyn Teague at 404-521-9100 from 5 PM
      to 9 PM weekdays. Or write to: naobi_atl@yahoogroups.com .

      That's naobi (underscore) atlanta (at) yahoogroups.com

      Thank you! --- Marilyn Teague, Secretary

      i711 -- Just Better Relay: Deaf people are raving about our service.
      Why? It's better! Try it today -- FREE.
      http://www.i711.com/index.php?refid=2006566

      i711.com is Relay & Beyond.