Inventing Technology for individuals who are Deaf-Blind

  • epeachynews
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      BLUE Epeachy NEws

      Forwarded by slhknc4@...

      Inventing Technology for individuals who are Deaf-Blind

      See below. This notice is alert anyone with both vision and hearing
      loss (Deaf-Blind), if you have any ideas for new technology that
      might help you, please email directly to:
      Paige Berry at hkncpaigeoap@...
      **hkncpaigeoap at aol.com**
      Paige works for Helen Keller National Center out of Virginia.

      Susan Lascek
      HKNC - Atlanta

      Hi Everyone,

      There are two biomedical engineering students here at Virginia
      Commonwealth University in Richmond, who are interested
      in "inventing" something in the assistive technology area that would
      be useful for individuals who are deaf-blind.

      I am asking them to work on a portable Braille alarm clock with a
      vibrator. Something like the "vi-braille" which was a good concept
      but the hands kept breaking.

      I would love to hear from you ASAP! Feel free to forward this
      message to anyone you think is interested!

      Look forward to hearing from you!
      Paige