Tell Congress that H.R. 2032 Hurts People With Disabilities!

  • epeachynews
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      BLUE Epeachy News

      Sent by Kristin Stansell <kristin.stansell@...>

      Please sign the petition to put ASL into public school curriculum by virtually "signing" this petition at:
      https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/officially-recognize-american-sign-language-community-language-and-language-instruction-schools/CRPw2JLk

      WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
      Officially recognize American Sign Language as a community language and a language of instruction in schools.
      For more than a hundred years, American Sign Language (ASL) has been persecuted as a "lesser" language. It is a homegrown and complete language that has survived efforts to wipe it out.

      Yet today, ASL is still considered "foreign" and not given the respect and protection it needs. Many states have passed laws allowing credit for ASL classes as a foreign language but they have stopped short of recognizing its benefits as a language of instruction in schools, despite studies proving its benefits for students.

      Official federal recognition will finally give ASL the "welcome home" it needs.

      On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM, epeachynews <epeachynews@...> wrote:

      BLUE Epeachy News