15576I Can Connect Trainers at HKNC

  • Rebecca Cowan-Story
    Mar 20, 2014

    Hello all,

    We are excited to announce that we will have our eighth train-the-trainers seminar at the HKNC headquarters in Sands Point, NY, from May 5 to 9, 2014. The train-the-trainers seminar will focus on computers running Windows 7 and 8.1 along with four different screen readers; COBRA, JAWS, Non-Visual Desktop Access (NVDA), and Window-Eyes, two screen magnification applications; MAGic and ZoomText, and several braille displays including Braille EDGE 40, Brailliant BI 32/40, Focus 40 Blue, and Braille Sense U2/BrailleNote Apex as braille displays.

    As many of you are stepping up to become NDBEDP experts, this training seminar is of a great benefit to those wishing to learn all about different teaching tools, methods, and technologies in order to effectively work with deaf-blind consumers. Various topics pertaining to distance communication will be covered that include e-mail clients, video and text relay services, text/instant messaging applications, etc. that are essential for NDBEDP consumers.

    Attached you will find a flyer with details and an application that you will need to complete and submit in order to be considered for enrollment. Please note that the registration fee is $900.00 that includes the training seminar, on-campus lodging, and meals.

    Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need additional information. Thanks!

    Best regards,
    Bapin

    "Let us act on the idea that everyone is included," -- Myrlie Evers-Williams

    Mr. Anindya "Bapin" Bhattacharyya
    Coordinator of National Outreach Adaptive Technology Training Program

    Helen Keller Nat'l Ctr for Deaf-Blind Youths & Adults
    3075 Adeline St., Ste. 110
    Berkeley, CA 94703
    Text/e-mail: 650-228-4092 or 6502284092@... or 6502284092@...
    E-mail: anindya.bhattacharyya@...
    AOL IM: BapinHKNC
    Website: www.hknc.org

    “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller

    Rebecca Cowan- Story

    State Coordinator of Deaf Blind Services

    Deaf Services Region 16

    vr cropped

    Vocational Rehabilitation

    A Division of the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency

    7 Georgia Ave.   |   P.O. Box 303   |   Cave Spring, GA 30124

    O: 706-777-2341  |   C: 404-783-4193  | F: 706-777-2366

    http://gvra.georgia.gov/vocational-rehabilitation-division

    GVRA CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, and any attached document(s) and/or file(s), may contain confidential information that is protected by state and/or federal law, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply message and destroy all copies of the original message (including attachments). Thank you.