15564State Schools Title I Conference for Families and Professionals

  • Katherine Kennedy
    Mar 18, 2014
    My name is Katherine Kennedy, the Parent Involvement Coordinator at Georgia School for the Deaf. As part of the planning committee for the State Schools first Title I conference, I'd like to extend families of children ages 0-21 a personal invitation to our daylong conference! Our three schools (Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, Georgia Academy for the Blind and Georgia School for the Deaf) in cooperation with Georgia PINES and Georgia Hands & Voices have spent the last year planning this family engagement opportunity for the state's families with students with disabilities, ages 0-21. The conference will take place Saturday, May 3, 2014, in a central location, Georgia Academy for the Blind in Macon, Ga.

    There are five different tracks with sessions that provide resources in the areas of vision impairments, deaf/hard of hearing, family engagement, Georgia PINES and multiple disabilities. A flyer that includes session information, accommodation information, hours and registration information is attached. There will be time to visit with vendors, door prizes and a keynote speaker. All conference information (sessions, schedule, accommodations, fees) can be found at the conference website, www.stateschoolsconference.org.

    Also, on Friday, May 2, 2014, from 6-10 p.m. we have set aside time for a cookout and socializing, an important time to build connections with families who have the same needs from across the state. Arrangements have been made with two Macon-area hotels for a conference rate for Friday, May 2. If you register early enough, you may have the opportunity to partake of the free accommodations at GAB. The dorm space at the Georgia Academy for the Blind is limited, so it is first come, first serve. ASL and Spanish interpreters will be available, but only if you indicate your need on the registration form.

    Families can register online at www.stateschoolsconference.org. Paper registration forms can also be downloaded at this site.

    Please share this information with anyone you feel would benefit from this conference! We would love to see you all there! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at kakennedy@... or 912-486-0923 (cell/text).

    Katherine A. Kennedy
    Parent Involvement Coordinator, Georgia School for the Deaf
    Georgia Department of Education
    232 Perry Farm Road SW, Cave Spring, GA 30124
    706-777-2225/912-486-0923
    706-777-2241 (Fax)
    kakennedy@...
    www.gsdweb.org