Re: [englishresearch] RE: National Burial Index for England and Wales

  • Morrie Johnston
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
      Monica,
      Unsure where you are. The Society of Australian Genealogists in Sydney has
      a copy, as probably do most of the major state genealogical societies from
      other states in NSW. My understanding is it's still in the very early
      stages. Sort of like Mark 1 Editon. It is basically compiled from the
      works of the various genealogical societies, and hasn't any real official
      standing. It's basically another tool to use. I haven't used it yet, but
      intend to give it a try at a convenient time. For the time being, your
      best bet is probably the St Catherines House registers, then if you can
      acquire a death certificate the place of burial might be on that. Morrie
      Johnston, Sydney, NSW.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2001
        Hi everyone,

        Just to follow on from Faye. These CDs (2, if it's the same set I have,
        Release 1) by no means covers everyone, as you are probably aware, there
        being 25 CDs for everyone in the 1881 census, but it is a great research
        aid, especially to anyone researching Suffolk, because that County isn't
        very well covered on the IGI.
        There is, I'm told, another set to be released later this year ?? It's going
        to be an expensive end of year, I feel, with the 1901 census online, at a
        cost, and all the new Ancestry.com English Parish Register CDs, new LDS
        releases and heaps of other genie data on CD too, so start putting in your
        "wish list" to relatives now ! <g>

        Cheers, Debbie.