Ancestors that went to Canada?

  • Heather Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
      Hi everyone. I have just spent hours on the net looking at this web site. I
      have found my two grandfathers there and possibly more relatives but will
      have to check them out first. This is the web site which seems to have a lot
      of links to things related to WW1 and helpful info on other things to do
      with looking for your ancestors:
      http://www.pitt.edu/~pugachev/greatwar/ww1.html

      I found a lot of people from the UK in Soldiers of the First World War
      (Canadian Over-seas Expeditionary Forces), with names of their wives,
      mothers, fathers, etc. on the info page. Check it out, you might find that
      lost relative.

      I wish to say a BIG THANK-YOU to PAM from OZ, who put this site on the
      Hampshire mailing list as if she hadn't I wouldn't have found more info on
      both my grandfathers.

      Best regards

      Heather Smith
    • Heather Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2001
        Hi everyone. I have an apology to make. I said that I found this site;
        looking for your ancestors: http://www.pitt.edu/~pugachev/greatwar/ww1.html
        from Pam in Oz, when in fact it was Pat from Oz. Sorry Pat.

        Regards

        Heather