Re: [englishresearch] A MESSAGE OF COMFORT FROM THE PROPHET

  • TERRANCE PARFITT
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2001
      Dear Janet
      Thanks for your comments, very moving. As you know I come from Evercreech U.K. Have a friend from 30yrs ago with an office on 75th floor World Trade Centre, have been there many times, fortunately he was away meeting customers. Still trying to find 10 Swedes I knew who worked at WTC, fear they are all gone. Approx 500 Brits lost their lives. Many I knew were in the banking business.
      How can people do this sort of thing? You may hate a person but not a whole nation. Have travelled much in Middle East and all my contacts with Muslims have been enlightening, their faith is one of peace and understanding. I am an Anglican Christian. As a small boy I went to a private Catholic School in Shepton Mallet near Evercreech, so I have a pretty good knowledge of both faiths. I have also received information from Australia and HKg about LDS which I am studying at the moment.
      I just hope that we can get back to normality and everyone can live in peace with each other.
      We have a couple of neighbours who are pilots with SAS the Swedish airline, their wives have small children and are stewardesses. They all fly regularly to the U.S. but not very keen at the moment!
      Keep up your good work!
      Regards
      Terry Parfitt
      XEvercreech/Bristol&Stockholm