Re: Evercreech

  • TERRANCE PARFITT
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
      Dear Janet you must try to get a copy of the Silk Industry in Evercrech and Milton Clevedon, fascinating! You have done so much research on Evercreech. My brother, who lives in Bruton, a few miles from Evercreech managed to get me a copy, produced by the Evercreech & District Local History Society It only costs about £7. he also sent me copies of old post cards. I can probably scan the postcards of Evercreech if you are interested, but I'm not sure if I can copy the book.
      I still owe you 'Memories of growing up in Evercreech'. Although I have been ill recently it is not that far away and can replace the personal letter I sent you which is on your web page.
      Keep well, best regards
      Terry Parfit
      XEvercreech/Bristol&Sweden----- Original Message -----
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2001
        --- In englishresearch@y..., "TERRANCE PARFITT" <terry.parfitt@s...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Janet
        > Yesterday I received a booklet from my brother about the silk
        industry in Everceech and Milton Clevedon,fascinating, plus copies of
        old post cards.
        > The booklet was produced by the Evercreech Local History Society.
        > I'm not sure if you get information about such publications but
        this is fascinating
        > Regards
        > Terry

        > I'D LOVE YOU TO GIVE ME THEIR CONTACT ADDRESS DIDNT KNOW THEY HAD A
        LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY!!! PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY ON jreakes@f.

        Hi Janet
        Somewhere in my pile of useful information I have a cutting about
        this from The Central Somerset Gazette. Would you be interested in a
        scan of it? I contacted the Society about a family history matter and
        they told me they didn't really have any documents which would be of
        use to genealogists which was a bit disappointing.
        Edwina

        thanks edwina, i would love a scan to my private email:
        jreakes@...