Re: [englishresearch] My Condolences

  • leroy j summerfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2001
      Ben,

      Thank you for your condolences. It is good to know others care.

      Joan Summerfield
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2001
        Thank you for your thoughts, jan henson
        --- Ben Crompton <crumpy1@...> wrote:
        > Like the rest of the world, we here in Australia,and myself
        > are deeply shocked at the recent images that we have seen over
        > the past few days. I send my most heartfelt condolences to
        > anyone who knew anybody who was injured or died. This is a
        > terrible traderdy and the whole world agrees.
        >
        > I have not been able to take my eyes off the TV Screen.
        >
        > This is a disarster and I feel sorry for everyone in the US.
        >

        > Thank you
        >

        > Ben Crompton

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ben Crompton

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2001
            Dear Ben
            Thanks your message
            I had a friend with an office on the 75th floor at WTC, plus several Swedes who I can't reach. I worked with ITT 27yrs and often in Sydney with STC selling Tel Systems.
            Like you I look a lot at TV and can't understand how innocent people can be involved in this way. Have travelled much in mid east, know arabs and muslims here too, don't think anyone would do this sort of thing, unless they are a fanatic.
            I am a Britt, born 1940, lived in Sweden since 1965.
            Thanks again for your comments
            Regards
            Terry Parfitt
            XEvercreech/Bristol&Sweden
          • Sharon Campbell
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2001
              To Ben & everyone else who has sent condolences to America of the great loss. I happend to see the second plane hit
              when CNN broadcasted the news on tv. We have friends there, they are the lucky few to escape, our other friends
              happen fly out from New York 12 hours ealier back to Sweden. It was 2 days after the impact we found out they were
              safe.
              My condolences do out to the families who lost members & friends.
              Sharon

              --Original Message Text---
              From: Ben Crompton
              Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:19:10 +1000

              Like the rest of the world, we here in Australia,and myself are deeply shocked at the recent images that we have seen
              over the past few days. I send my most heartfelt condolences to anyone who knew anybody who was injured or died.
              This is a terrible traderdy and the whole world agrees.

              I have not been able to take my eyes off the TV Screen.

              This is a disarster and I feel sorry for everyone in the US.

              Thank you

              Ben Crompton

              Community email addresses:
              � Post message: englishresearch@onelist.com