Posting interests

  • Teresa.Cefa@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2001
      As a new member to this group i thought i would post my interests.
      I am looking for anyone who has come across the name Gibbs.
      My line came from Norfolk UK but i know that we have a large part of
      the family in Canada and that 1 member went to the states and is a Dr
      but that is all i know.
      Any help would be great
      Thanks
    • Natasha Wells
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2001
        Dear Teresa,
        I have Gibbs on my mother's side, but I'm affraid I
        don't know much about them.
        I have a George Gibbs who had three sons:
        William
        Arthur
        George b. 1844 England
        m. Jane Moore (b. 1851 England)[Rangiora Wesleyan
        Church 11.8.1870]
        The family came from Kent (UK) to Canterbury (NZ) in
        1851.

        Is there any connection. I hope so I've been on
        genealogy lists for a while now and have not found one
        connection yet.

        Regards
        Natasha Wells

        http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel