st catherines house??

  • bodger@paradise.net.nz
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2001
      Can anybody tell me the web / email address for St catherines house??
    • Alece Egan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2001
        The St. Catherine's House records are no longer there and it is closed.
        There is a new Family Records Centre at
        1 Myddelton Street
        London EC1.

        Phone: for certificate enquiries: [get country code] (0171) 233-9233
        general enquiries : [country code] (0181) 392-5300

        The FRC has the following records:

        1. Indexes of Births, marriages and deaths in England and Wales since 1837
        2. Indexes of legal adoptions in England and Wales since 1927
        3. Indexes of births, marriages and deaths of some British citizens abroad
        since the late 18th centruy, including deaths in the two World Wars.

        Certificatres can be purchased of any entry in the above indexes.

        4. Microform copies of Census of Population returns (1841-1891)
        5. Microfilms of Estate Duty Office death duty registers from 1796 - 1858,
        with indexes from 1796 - 1903.
        6. Microfilms of registered copies of wills and administrations up to 1858
        from the Prerogative Court of Canterbury
        7. Non-parochial registers from 1567 - 1858
        8. Miscallaneous foreign returns of births, deaths and marriages from 1627 -
        1960.

        The above info taken from brochure of The Family Records Centre

        Alece Egan, Belen, New Mexico, USA