Re: [englishresearch] Where is he

  • Morrie Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2001
      Phylis,
      Sorry if this sounds dumb, but have you tried the St Catherines House
      indexes, available on microfiche. They started Civil Registration for
      England/Wales in the 2nd quarter of 1837. This may help. Morrie
      Johnston, Sydney, NSW.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2001

        to englishresearch listers
        am looking for any info on thomas newton born c.1864 at bradford yorkshire
        england. parents john newton & annie johnson. he was in 5th dragoon guards &
        when he came to australia he was in 'a' battery in qld. he married gertrude
        rosalie brauer & died 9/12/1900 buried toowong cemetry brisbane. qld.
        australia.
        children were; john thomas
        elsie ada
        leslie arthur
        lily?
        would appreciate any info on family & 5th dragoon guards & how he got to
        australia.
        thank you
        maxine vanderwolf
        maxinevanderwolf@...